Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Where do we begin?



Well, I have never really blogged before, so this is very new to me! It always seemed a little self-indulgent to me... to assume that people really cared what I have to say about life, politics, religion and so forth. The strange thing is that I have always LOVED reading other people's blogs, so I guess it isn't so crazy to start my own. Especially now that I have more to ramble about.

Just two weeks ago, Will and I found out that we are expecting our first baby in October. It is still an overwhelming feeling and I wonder when or if it ever actually sinks in that you are going to become someone's PARENT! What an awesome responsibility! It is MY job to shape this little person into a contributing member of society. No pressure, just make sure he doesn't become a serial killer, right? The idea that it is my turn to potentially scar my child for life or inspire them to greatness is just a lot to take in! It is oddly exciting and scary all at once. I am certain it is going to be quite an adventure. And that is why I am writing this blog... so that you can join us!

I hope to give you lots of insight into this journey (maybe more than you ever wanted to know... I will try to warn you when I cover more sensitive issues, but for anyone who knows me, you know I certainly don't shy away from the issues that are deemed unworthy of "table talk.") and I hope to hear from you too about your own feeling or your own reflections on YOUR journey into parenthood. I hope to learn from you and, in turn, give you a sense of hope that, as much as things change throughout our lifetime, so much also stays the same... from the mix of panic and elation that every person feels when they hear those 6 life-changing words "we're going to have a baby" to the sheer peace you feel when a new baby falls asleep on your chest.

We are so excited to share this journey with you... thanks for joining us as we anxiously await the arrival of little PIP.

No comments: