Monday, June 18, 2007

Little People, the Milkman and the American Dream

So, I am going to try and squeeze in another post here while I can (even though I REALLY should be working right now!!!) There is just so much going on and I want to get some stuff down before things get too busy again!

As I mentioned in the last post, there is so much happening for us right now! This year has been so incredible! It is funny because before we started this year, we set out 3 goals for ourselves: a baby, getting Will's business off the ground and a house. We had been pleasantly surprised that we were moving ahead so quickly with two of the three. Obviously we were quite excited when we found out about Pip back in February. It was also pretty amazing to see Will's summer calendar book up quickly with weddings and portraits galore. I never dreamed that we would actually be three for three by the end of the year... turns out, we most likely will be!

Last week, we went into escrow on a very little house in La Habra! I fell in love with it almost immediately. It is a small, two bedroom, one bath and is an older home (built in 1937) and is really well-suited for that era, which we suppose was full of little people and milkmen as the shower is way too small to house anyone larger than 6' (thank goodness Will is JUST about that tall... could be comical when my parents come to visit though. I keep envisioning the scene in Elf where Buddy is showering in the elf-sized shower... that will be my 6'8" dad in our new bathroom! Even so, it has a ton of charm... everything from the little white picket fence to the front porch and hardwood floors were completely enchanting to me. We were also impressed by the large backyard (so we could always add on someday). One of my favorite features is the little door in the kitchen that has another door to the outside wall... in it, a glass milk bottle as well as a little dial you can turn to let the milkman know exactly how much milk you need for the coming week. It is adorable and I hope the current owner leaves the milkjug for us! We hope to close escrow on the 10th or so (which, will be rough since we are supposed to be on our "babymoon" in Maui that week! ) It is all happening VERY fast but we are so excited. I am particularly excited to think that we are going to have a HOME of our own. I can already envision Pip's (USC) room... Pip learning to crawl around on the hardwood floors, playing outside on the nice big lawn with our dog (yeah, eventually we WILL have a dog!!!) or even spending lazy summer afternoons on the front porch (which is BEGGING for a porch swing) drinking lemondade while Pip plays in the sprinklers... it is all very Norman Rockwell, I know but it gets me through the STRESS of this home buying process!
It is pretty crazy because every time I feel like there is an end to the tunnel with my current stressors, something new pops up!! We are just really looking forward to getting through FAM JAM (my HUGE work project right now) and then closing on this house... I can't wait to celebrate with my virgin Pina Colada in Maui! Aloooooooooha!! :)

And now, what you all have been waiting for, pictures of our new home (can't you just see it all decked out for Christmas?!?! I can!!!!)









1 comment:

Angela said...

i love your home I can envision all of that for you and will too! i also envision you having me and carson over for thanksgiving enjoying your rosmary turkey while our boys (i still am rooting for pip to be boy) are playing together on your cute living room floor.