Saturday, August 9, 2008

Disneyland and all things happy!

I will be the first to admit that this mommy business is far from easy. There are some days that I truly lament not having the ability to do what I want, when I want anymore. I often find myself tired and cranky, trying to squeeze housework and church work into the tiny crevices of time where the little scooter is sleeping. Then I debate for a few minutes whether my time would be best spent prepping for Sunday, prepping for lunch with a very messy one-year old or just getting a shower in for me. It is difficult to decide what truly needs my attention.

In spite of all of that, I realize how much FUN we are having with our little girl. As she gets older she is so much more interactive and SUCH a little ham. I cannot get over her gummy little smile (yep, she still has NO TEETH!! We are not worried though. Hopefully it will keep us from a few bills at the dentist's office in the coming years since they are currently being protected from the elements where they are). I know I am biased but I am quite certain that she could melt even the most stony of hearts with that sweet smile... and I mean the REAL smile (she does have a courtesy smile as while that is cute, but just not the same!) I am talking about the one that we get when she first sees us in the morning or when she realizes she is about to eat or the belly laugh that she gives us when she senses destruction (I know, it is frightening!) She just makes me so HAPPY.

Seeing as how it has been so incredibly long since I have posted, I should backtrack to June when we had a VERY happy day at the Magic Kingdom. We took Charlie to Disneyland for the first time. It was so great. I really expected her to melt down in the early afternoon but she was such a trooper. She really enjoyed everything and seemed to just take it all in. We rode dumbo first (which she seemed unsure of at first but warmed up to when I dropped him quickly from up high. She is such an adrenaline junky!) and then Casey Jr. We met up with Aunt Lisa before hitting the carousel and Buzz Lightyear. We also went to meet Mickey at his house and checked out the Tiki Room. Of course daddy wanted to do a photo shoot in front of the castle too. They are seriously my favorite pictures I think I have ever seen. They really capture the magic of the day. We also spent a little bit of time at California Adventure before calling it a day. I can't wait to take her back again someday soon.

Here are some pictures and hopefully even some video from the day...


This is Charlie's first visit with Mickey (she seems pretty unsure)



And here she is chatting up a storm while we waited for a table at the winery in California Adventure.





And here are her pictures from her photo shoot with daddy... love them!










That is all for tonight... too tired to post all that I need to. I hope to do more of that this weekend.

There is much to update you on, including 1st birthday fun :) Until then...

No comments: