Thursday, March 22, 2007

Knock, knock, knocking on the 2nd Trimester's door

So, I am beginning to realize that I am amassing quite a collection of blog stalkers so I think it is time I work on being more diligent with my posting. I think my problem is that I began to actually think about being productive at WORK again (what a sad distraction :) I will try to be more faithful to PIP's blog in the future!

It is hard to believe it has been two weeks since we heard Pip's heart swishing away for the first time. The last two weeks since then have been pretty miserable though. My "morning sickness" has been on overdrive. The migraines have been the worst but I bet if you asked Will, he would say the GAS is his least favorite (what a trooper he is!)

So, here is the latest on all that encompasses Pip's possession of my body:

Cravings: Still want chinese food from time to time, pizza always and, right now, the blueberry muffins I just saw on TV (with LOTS of butter on them)

Food Aversions: Still chocolate (somewhat) but I managed to choke down two pieces of Sheila's oh-so-yummy chocolate cake at book club the other night and I had a cup of hot chocolate today... maybe chocolate and I have made amends?

Morning Sickness: As of the last 36 hours, I THINK I may be past the worst of it! After staying home on Monday because I was just miserable, I think I may have come through the other side. It is amazing when you can brush your teeth without gagging!! I had forgotten what that feels like! I have had a couple of small waves of nausea but NOTHING compared to the last 4 weeks or so. I LOVE THE SECOND TRIMESTER!!!

Other symptoms: I think I am showing... I know there is more bloat than of baby about it right now but I SWEAR when I catch a glimpse of myself in the reflection of a store window as I walk past, I see more belly than anything (which is truly a bummer since I am FINALLY filling out my little B-cups... poor things have been overshadowed already!) I can still fit into my Ann Taylor Loft size 4 pants (for the next two or three days anyway) but I most definitely have the dreaded "muffin top" effect where my gut hangs out over the TOP of my pants... not terribly attractive. My sad realization today was that being a NON-muffin top may very well be a thing of the past for me!! I have even had two people mention my "pooch" in the past week... and they were not even people I would consider to be close friends. Oh well, surely Pip is worth it! Another (more fun) symptom lately has been my keen sense of smell. It doesn't always have a positive outcome BUT seeing as how it is spring around here, I am quite enjoying it! When I open the back door of our place, I can immediately smell the strong aroma of the jasmine that has taken over the FRONT DRIVE of our complex. I also noticed the overpowering smell of orange blossoms almost the entire time we were at Disneyland last week. Beautiful!

More and more people are finding out about PIP and that is always fun. We had a great time with the extended fam this weekend when we went up to Moorpark for Jenny's shower (Jenny, my cousin, is due in April) They all know now. Will has also told a couple more of his good friends that live far away like childhood friend, Travis, and college roomie, Dallas. Today, I got to talk to college pal (and DC groupie) Stephanie. Turns out, PIP is going to have a playmate, cause Steph is preggers too and due the week AFTER Pip! So exciting!

Well, I think I am going to test my theory and see how chocolate and I get along... we have a stash of girlscout cookies in the fridge. I will keep you all posted :)

2 comments:

Will Parris said...

I would like to point out that her "gas" has been the occasional burp, and come on, that's not bad at all! After all, she puts up with me... ;)

Sarah said...

i must say... i absolutely love how you say you need to eat after almost every entry!!